Friday, December 14, 2007

Almost Famous

Of the famous things that have the word 'famous' in them, I can only recollect one thing ...the movie 'almost famous'. I never have watched it. Right now, I am sitting at the 'Famous Studios' in Mahalakshmi, Mumbai. This is my break between my morning run to the French Consulate office and the evening one that is going to be at 4:00 p.m.

Looks like things are all fine, but the NOC has not reached. :O. A big O. Cant close my mouth back ..O. How could that be. I am going to Business Foundations Programme tomorrow morning and I need my passport back. At worst, I would have to come back to Mumbai for the visa. At best, the lady at the desk will find my NOC that was sent from Allianze Francaise and stamp a visa. Let me see if this break at the 'Famous Studios' brings me the luck that I need.

Well, lunch time .. I always believe there should be no tension. So lets deal with that later at 4 p.m. Till then, let me share what I say and heard inside this building. "Shahrukh came here last week for three days". Thats the king Khan ... Now I am not a great Shahrukh khan fan, but when you are told that news you are expected to look like one. I did.

I just left my techie job behind. I worked on the storage domain most of my life. Never have seen a SAN environment live in a customer place. And today I did. I did. I did. Right here at the 'Famous Studio'. And then all these shots that are taken on the negative are scanned into the SGI 16 rack machine. Lots of TB space there in each rack. These are digitized and work done on them. Editing, animation, graphics ... you name it ... all for your eyes to please. And then rewritten and published. And I got a first hand explanation of all these and a look at their IRIX machine, plus the two HP machines with Red Hat on them ! Not bad at all for a finale of my techie life.

Ah yeah, back to the visa stuff. Its 2:35 p.m and I am to leave here at 3:00 p.m to make it there at 4:00. Yup, fingers crossed.

Sometime later I shall write all about getting a visa from the mumbai consulate office. Last couple of months I just didnt make the time to write it down. Now that my techie days at office are coming to a close, hope to make some time to write it all.

1 comment:

Vijesh said...

I really wonder if you had been my manger. :) Great working with you, esp in SOS. Wishing you all the very best and very best for all your next step. :)