Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fonty ! Do I get there ?

Admitted ! It took me two days for the feeling to sink in. And then I was terribly confused .. INSEAD or IMD. IMD or INSEAD. Finally .... yes, Fonty, here I am, this is me, this is where on I earth I would rather be ...

And then I slept the rest of the weekend. Have been doing things the last minute lately. Just two days before the last date, I sent them my acceptance letter.

Ok what next now. hmmmm.... Visa for sure. Then housing. Yeah, a car. Oh, the warm winter clothes. What else ...err.. hmmmm..... cash... yeah, all the cash for the fees. The flight tickets as well. And yes, resign - that sure feels good. I am going to miss all the limelight I am getting in my current job, but yes, have to give it up. I am going to work till the very end ... this is like a pregnant friend of mine who was in office on completing 9 months and swore to work till the very end and sure she did - very happily that is.

Lets get back to the list
- Visa
- Housing
- Car
- Flight tickets
- Cash

I just told my boss today that I will be flying to Fonty. She didnt know INSEAD, forget Fonty. Actually this is not surprising .. I myself did not hear about INSEAD a year and a half ago .. blame the technical focus our job demands ?? ... may be. But sure had this tingle in her eye .. she is excited for me. She said my case was very unique. You said it lady, thats what I have been ... UNIQUE. Thats just the perfect word. So I have knocked off resignation from my list as you can seen. Thats more of formalities to finish now.

Next let me get to the Visa / Housing.
Visa - I will have to go to Mumbai. Looks like I need to get a NOC of sorts. Got some info there. I am feeling so lazy to pick the phone and call the embassy ... for whatever reason. Will do that. When I do that, will let you know.

Housing - So far I have mailed few guys and listed out some apartments on www.bonapart.org that I liked. I have to understand the formalities involved.

Cash - well, I have got most of it, I better start counting as to how much I need and get to the bank to give me education loan.

1 comment:

Vijesh said...

Then housing.
Granted..
Yeah, a car.
bonus..
Oh, the warm winter clothes.
humm occationally..
What else ...err.. hmmmm..... cash... yeah, all the cash for the fees.
Yes yes..
The flight tickets as well.
Oh yeah..
And yes, resign
:-(